Terms & Conditions
3A Tutors Ltd (Examination Centre 50538)
These Terms and Conditions may be revised or updated at any time without notice.
Please contact us immediately if you have any queries relating to these Terms and Conditions.
Examination and associated services
3A Tutors Ltd is a registered and fully approved examination centre (examination centre 50538).
Examinations and associated services include paper, oral and onscreen examinations and laboratory based practical endorsements.
“services” appearing in this part of these Terms and Conditions means one or more of the following: the provision of examinations (in any of their forms), formal assessments of all types and laboratory based practical endorsements.
“we” and “us” appearing in these Terms and Conditions means “3A Tutors Ltd.”
1. All candidates registered with 3A Tutors Ltd are bound by these terms and conditions.
2. All services are provided at the discretion of 3A Tutors Ltd and are conducted in accordance with JCQ, examination board and/or other regulations as appropriate.
3. The fees for the provision of each of our services are usually fully inclusive although some additional charges, may be applicable to certain services, e.g. postage costs for mock examination papers.
The entry process
4. All prospective candidates must apply for registration with 3A Tutors Ltd by completing, signing, and submitting an entry form to us. The application must be received before the submission deadline.
5. The submission deadline date will be set by 3A Tutors Ltd in all cases and will not coincide with the later deadline set by the examination board/s.
6. Applications received after the deadline will incur late charges or lead to the application being rejected.
7. Registration as a candidate will occur on receipt and acceptance of the entry form and on payment of the non-refundable deposit equal to 20% of the total fees due for the services requested.
8. We will formally confirm the registration by sending an email to the candidate. We will assume that the candidate has received the confirmation of registration email once sent.
9. Registration means that the candidate agrees to pay all the fees due for the qualifications and services booked as indicated on their application form and/or on their Statement of Entry.
10. 3A Tutors Ltd reserves the right to refuse an application should this be deemed necessary. We will be under no obligation to disclose or to discuss the reasons leading to the refusal.
11. 3A Tutors Ltd reserves the right to deregister a candidate at any time and without notice should their conduct or the conduct of their parents, guardians or others warrant such action. We will inform the candidate or their parents or guardians immediately. Deregistration will result in all examination and assessment services being cancelled with immediate effect. We will be under no obligation to disclose or to discuss the reasons leading to the deregistration. The full fees for the services booked will remain due.
12. Candidates must ensure that they fully understand and adhere to all JCQ, examination board and other regulations, conditions, and criteria applicable to the services selected.
13. Candidates must ensure that their personal and examination entry details are accurate, and correct on their application form
14. Prospective candidates must assess their capabilities and make informed choices when deciding on their entry selections. 3A Tutors Ltd will not provide advice regarding this.
15. 3A Tutors Ltd will use its best efforts to support candidates with special requirements within JCQ, examination board or any other regulations that are applicable. For such applications, we will consider the likely impact on the candidate, other candidates, and members of staff should the application be accepted.
16 If a satisfactory and safe solution cannot be found, we reserve the right to reject the candidate’s application and to withdraw them from the qualification.
Fees due and instalment plans available
17. At registration, candidates may pay the fees due either in a single payment via debit / credit card, bank transfer, PayPal, cheque, cash or direct deposit into our bank account or through an interest free instalment plan involving a deposit payment of 20% of the total fees due followed by a series of payments often extending over several months.
18. All instalment plans must be completed before the services booked commence.
19. Failure to maintain the instalment plan may result in the candidate being withdrawn and their entries not being made. In such circumstances, a refund of fees will not be available.
Statement of Entry
The Statement of Entry is an important document
20. 3A Tutors Ltd will use the details on the candidate’s entry form to generate a Statement of Entry.
21. Candidates will receive a copy of their Statement of Entry via email or post.
22. Candidates will be entered for the qualifications and services detailed on their Statement of Entry.
23. The Statement of Entry supersedes all other information provided to the candidate by 3A Tutors Ltd or by any other agency relating to any aspect of the qualifications and services sought.
24. The candidate must confirm receipt of the Statement of Entry immediately.
25. The candidate must inform 3A Tutors Ltd if the Statement of Entry has not been received at the latest four weeks before their first examination or service.
26. The candidate must inform us on receipt of the Statement of Entry if they believe that any of the details are incorrect or incomplete. If necessary, we will produce a corrected version that will be sent to the candidate for their immediate approval (or rejection).
27. Errors or omissions in the Statement of Entry that have not been notified to us by the candidate before the start of their booked services may result in incorrect examination papers or other materials or services being provided to the candidate. The incorrect spelling of the candidate’s name on the Statement of Entry may lead to the incorrect spelling of the candidate’s name on their final certificate/s. 3A Tutors Ltd will not be held responsible or liable should such events occur.
28. The candidate’s entries will be made in accordance with the Statement of Entry and on receipt of the full fees due. Any delay in making the full payment may result in late fees being incurred or the entries not being made.
29. 3A Tutors Ltd will not be held responsible or liable if it transpires later that an entry or group of entries, made by the candidate as detailed on the entry form or on the Statement of Entry are incorrect or inconsistent. Such errors may lead to examinations or the entire qualification becoming unavailable to the candidate. A refund of fees will not be available to the candidate in such circumstances.
30. If the candidate’s entry form does not specify the level, syllabus or tier of one or more of the qualifications listed we will attempt to clarify the required details by contacting the candidate but, if these efforts are unsuccessful, we reserve the right to use discretion and judgement (without consulting the candidate) in making what is deemed to be an appropriate entry.
31. Requests to change the level or tier of a qualification may not be accepted. Any change in the level, syllabus, tier, subject or other change made will incur amendment fees that will become due immediately and certainly before the candidates first examination, assessment, or other service. Additional fees will not be due from the candidate if any Statement of Entry errors are due to processing mistakes made by 3A Tutors Ltd.
Cancellation of services and refunds available for examination and associated services
Cancellation of a booking by the candidate
32. If a candidate cancels their booking or part of their booking at any time and for any reason, 3A Tutors Ltd will retain the non-refundable deposit payment received and offer a partial refund calculated as detailed in points 33, 34 and 35 respectively (see below).
Cancellation of a booking may result in money being owed to 3A Tutors Ltd.
A candidate will be considered as having cancelled their booking if it transpires that they are unable to attend for their examinations or practical endorsements due to the imposition of local, regional, or international travel restrictions.
33. If a candidate cancels the booking and withdraws their entries at any point between the date of registration and the entry deadline, as set by 3A Tutors Ltd, the refund available will be calculated as follows:
The total paid to date by the candidate including the deposit payment minus 20% of the total fee due for the qualification/s or service/s booked.
34. If the candidate cancels the booking and withdraws their entries at any point between the entry deadline and the date when a refund for withdrawing the entries is still available from the examination board/s, the refund will be calculated as follows:
The total paid to date by the candidate including the deposit payment minus 50% of the total fee due for the qualification/s or service/s booked.
35. If the candidate cancels the booking and withdraws their entries at any point after the date when a refund for withdrawing the entries is no longer available from the examination board/s, the refund available will be calculated as follows:
The total paid to date including the deposit payment minus 75% of the total fee due for the qualification/s or service/s booked.
36. If the calculated refund is negative, then this sum will be due to 3A Tutors Ltd immediately. If payment is not received within 28 days of the cancellation date, we reserve the right to refer the matter to an external debt collection agency.
37. A candidate may receive a full refund against any fees paid in exceptional circumstances, including occasions when they cannot proceed with the qualification due to an acute medical condition arising, unexpected Armed Forces commitments or if they are required for jury service. Any full refund available will be subject to satisfactory written evidence being received by us in support of the refund application.
38. Any partial refunds made will be final and will only be made on the strict understanding that the candidate or their parents or guardians will not attempt to increase the refunded amount later.
Cancellation of examinations or associated services by 3A Tutors Ltd
39. We reserve the right to cancel one or more services at any time for any reason. If the decision has been made by 3A Tutors Ltd (and not imposed on us) then we will inform the candidates affected immediately and provide a full refund against the fees paid.
40. We will not be liable for any compensation or other claims brought by the candidates, their parents’, or guardians due to the cancellation. 3A Tutors Ltd will not accept that the cancellation will have a significant effect on the candidate’s life-chances, career-development or their acceptance at a university or any other institution.
Acts of God, cancellation of examinations and associated services imposed on 3A Tutors Ltd
41. Should an Act of God arise, e.g. the advent of the Coronavirus pandemic or any other catastrophic event that prevents us from providing one or more services, we will immediately contact all the candidates affected by email, informing them of the situation. Candidates will have until the date set and specified by us to inform us via email whether they wish to withdraw from all services booked and receive a partial refund as calculated below.
The total paid to date by the candidate including the deposit payment minus 50% of the total fee due for the qualification/s or services booked
If the calculated refund is negative, then this sum will be due to 3A Tutors Ltd immediately. If payment is not received within 28 days of the cancellation date, we reserve the right to refer the matter to an external debt collection agency.
Or they can pursue another option, if available. Other options for written examinations may include, deferring the booking to the next or subsequent examination series or entering a centre assessed grades process that may generate qualifications in the current examination series. If available, choosing either the deferral or the centre assessed grades process will result in the full fees for the original booking remaining due. Additional fees may be incurred for the centre assessment grades option (if available) to cover the additional work involved in gathering and reviewing the supporting evidence of the candidate concerned.
42. We will not accept any liability if centre assessment grades (if available) are not generated for a candidate due to insufficient evidence being available. Both the original and any additional fees will remain due.
43. For the practical endorsements, candidates will have two choices, to withdraw from them and receive a refund as calculated above or defer the endorsements to the following year. The deferral option will result in the full fees remaining due.
44. If a candidate does not indicate a choice to us by the date set and specified , we will automatically defer their entries to the next or subsequent examination series or dates. The full fees will remain due.
45. Once initiated, candidates will not be able to switch from the deferral to the centre assessment grades process or vice versa.
46. 3A Tutors Ltd will not be liable for any compensation or other claims brought by the candidates regarding the cancellation of services imposed on us. We will not accept that the cancellation of services will have a significant effect on the candidate’s life-chances, career-development or their acceptance at a university or any other institution.
47. Once initiated, candidates withdrawing from the deferral process or the centre assessment grades procedure will not be entitled to a refund on the fees paid to date or due. Any instalment plan will remain in effect.
Examinations, assessments, and practical endorsements
48. Candidates, and any persons attending with them at the examination or assessment centre must observe the social distancing and hygiene procedures that are in force.
49. Unless otherwise stated, morning examinations, assessments and practical endorsements will commence at 09.00 and afternoon examinations, assessments and practical endorsements will commence at 13.30 (UK time). Candidates must ensure that they allow sufficient time to travel to their examinations, assessments, or practical endorsements, including consideration as to whether they should travel to Bristol a day or two in advance. Candidates should attend at the venue around 20 minutes before the scheduled start time of their examination, assessment, or practical endorsement session.
50. Candidates must arrive on-time for all examinations, assessments and practical endorsements; arriving late may result in the candidate being refused admission to the examination, assessment or practical endorsement room or facilities according to JCQ, board or other regulations and arrangements that are in place. Arriving late may also result in the candidate not having the full time available to complete their examinations or their script being rejected in accordance with JCQ, board or other regulations.
51. Candidates must only bring permitted support materials (e.g. pens, calculators) into the examination room, assessment area or laboratory. Coats, bags, food, etc. must be stored elsewhere at the centre. Electronic devices (such as a mobile phone) with a digital storage facility are not allowed in any examination or assessment room and must be turned off and stored securely at the examination venue. Calculators are not permitted in certain examinations. Calculator lids / cases are not permitted in the examination or assessment room. Water in a clear bottle with all labels and packaging removed will be allowed in the examination or assessment room. Pencil cases, etc. must be transparent. If candidates are unsure regarding which items are allowed in the examination or assessment room or laboratory, they must contact 3A Tutors Ltd in advance of their examinations or assessments or they must ask an invigilator on arrival at the examination or assessment facilities before the start of their examination or assessment. Failure to adhere to the relevant regulations may result in the candidate being disqualified.
52. Candidates must ensure that they bring photo ID, e.g. a passport, driving license or student card to each examination, assessment, or practical endorsement session. Candidates should place their photo ID in one corner of their examination or assessment desk or work bench, ready for inspection. Failure to do so may result in the candidate being disqualified from their examinations, assessments, or practical endorsements. Photo ID will be checked by centre staff at the beginning of each examination, assessment, or practical endorsement session.
53. Candidates must be fully aware whether set texts or other materials are allowed in the examination or assessment room. Candidates must ensure that any allowed texts and other materials are in the correct format (annotated or un-annotated, etc.) as laid down in the relevant regulations. If a candidate arrives at an examination or assessment with annotated texts when the regulations state that the texts must not be annotated, then the candidate must erase (rub out) the annotations so that they or their impressions on the page cannot be read, as judged by the invigilator. If the annotations are still legible, 3A Tutors Ltd reserves the right to remove the annotated text from the candidate. We do not provide set texts for candidates use in examinations or assessments, except in the case of secure pre-release materials supplied to us by the relevant examination board. All pre-release materials will be forwarded to the candidates on receipt, this generally being well in advance of the relevant examination or assessment dates.
54. Candidates must bring any issues or concerns regarding anything that may affect or has affected their performance before, during or after any examination, assessment or practical endorsement session to the attention of the invigilators or other staff present in the examination room, assessment room or laboratory so that the appropriate action can be taken. 3A Tutors Ltd will not accept, comment on, or investigate any such concerns or issues raised by a candidate once they have left the examination room, assessment facilities or laboratory.
55. 3A Tutors Ltd reserves the right to refuse entry or to remove a candidate from an examination room, assessment room or laboratory should the candidate’s conduct warrant such action.
56. On occasions where a given examination or examinations or other services are available on one or more dates, the actual date or dates will be decided and set by 3A Tutors Ltd. We will inform all candidates of the actual time and date of all such examinations or other services.
57. In the unlikely event that conditions during an examination or assessment become unacceptable, e.g. the sudden onset of sustained and unexpected external noise at a level deemed unacceptable by the invigilators or for some other reason, 3A Tutors Ltd will follow JCQ / CAIE regulations and guidelines to resolve the matter. Candidates will be expected to follow the directions given by 3A Tutors Ltd in such circumstances. 3A Tutors Ltd will not accept any liability in this regard.
58. Applications relating to Access Arrangements (e.g. extra examination time, the use of a scribe, etc.) must be made by candidates their parents or guardians to us during the entry process. Applications must reflect the candidate’s normal way of working and provide evidence of need. Late applications may not be accepted. The granting of Access Arrangements to any candidate will be subject to the submission of appropriate supporting documentary evidence and to formal approval by JCQ or CAIE whose decision will be final. Access Arrangements granted will only cover the details approved by JCQ / CAIE and will not, under any circumstances, include other candidate issues that may arise or subsequently become apparent before or during the examinations, assessments, or practical activities.
59. Applications for Special Consideration (e.g. illness during an examination or reasons leading to the candidate not attending an examination) must be made to 3A Tutors Ltd as quickly as possible following the incident and must include a description of the event and full supporting evidence (e.g. a doctor’s report or note). Special Consideration will be subject to the submission of the appropriate supporting documentary evidence and to formal approval by JCQ / CAIE whose decision will be final. Late applications for Special Consideration may not be accepted.
60. 3A Tutors Ltd will endeavour to maintain a comfortable temperature and ambient conditions in all examination and assessment rooms and laboratories but this cannot be guaranteed and is subject to the prevailing weather conditions on the day.
61. In the extremely unlikely event that an examination paper, onscreen test or other materials are unavailable to a candidate on the day of the examination or assessment due to an administrative or other error made by 3A Tutors Ltd then we will use our best endeavours to resolve the situation on the day. If a resolution cannot be achieved on the day, we will offer the candidate a full refund of the fees paid and a free entry to the qualification or assessment later (providing that it is still available). This will limit 3A Tutors Ltd liability in this regard, we will not be liable for any compensation claims brought by the candidates, for instance, 3A Tutors Ltd will not accept that the failure to provide the examination paper or assessment materials will significantly affect the life-chances, career-development or the candidate’s potential entry to a university or other institution.
62. In the unlikely event that an onscreen test is unavailable to a candidate on the day of the examination or assessment due to a software or technical issue on the part of the examination board providing the qualification; we will contact the board requesting remote assistance. If a resolution cannot be achieved on the day, we will reschedule the examination or assessment for the next available date. No refund will be offered to the candidate.
63. Prospective candidates must inform 3A Tutors Ltd in writing before submitting their application form if they have any specific sensitivities, allergies, or pre-existing medical conditions (e.g. epilepsy or sugar diabetes) or unusual requirements falling outside JCQ and examination board regulations, including hypersensitivity to light, noise, dust, insects, phobias, etc. or if they have any other issues or requirements or conditions that may adversely affect their performance or the performance of other candidates in examinations, assessments or practical activities. We will consider all applications in the light of the written details provided by the candidate, their parents’, or guardians in this regard. This procedure also applies to candidates who request a private room for examinations or assessments. We will consider such applicants on a case-by-case basis. We will always use our best endeavours to support all such applicants, but we reserve the right to refuse registration if sufficient measures to support the candidate are unavailable. We reserve the right to withdraw a candidate if such issues become apparent after registration.
64. The names of examination series, e.g. “June Series”, “November Series” etc. do not necessarily imply that the examinations, assessments or practical endorsements will be conducted in these months (e.g. June or November). Rather, the name assigned indicates a period often extending over several months during which the examinations or assessments or practical activities will be conducted, as detailed in the candidate’s Statement of Entry (the dates for the practical endorsements will be confirmed separately). The candidate must be aware of this when making travel or other arrangements that could affect their ability to attend the booked examinations, assessments, or practical endorsements with us.
65. For candidates’ information, 3A Tutors Ltd plan examinations many months in advance based on the entries received. The preparations include extensive administration, appointment and full training of invigilators, organization of the examination rooms and facilities, as well as adequate provision for post-examination processing.
Results and certification
66. 3A Tutors Ltd will endeavour to send all examination (and other) results to candidates via email on the day that the examination boards permit them to be distributed
67. Certification will usually follow 8-12 weeks later.
68. We will contact candidates when their certificate/s are available for collection. If required, we can post the certificate/s to the candidates via Royal Mail Signed For delivery.
69. 3A Tutors Ltd will not accept any liability should there be a delay in receiving or distributing examination results or certificates.
Post examination and post results services
70. 3A Tutors Ltd will advise students of the post results services that are available at the point of registration. We will submit any post results service requests received from candidates (or their parents or guardians) regarding the examination grades and/or assessment results awarded by the relevant examination board/s concerned. We will follow examination board procedures throughout this process. The provision of post results services will incur a fee becoming due to 3A Tutors Ltd.
71. 3A Tutors Ltd will use its best endeavours to resolve any issues that arise before, during or after the examination, assessment, and practical endorsement periods.
Mock examinations and cramming classes
Optional mock examinations and cramming classes may be made available to:
A. Candidates registered with us to sit examinations.
B. Candidates completing one or more of our fast-track courses that lead to examinations.
C. Students receiving one-to-one face-to-face or online tuition through us.
D. External students (e.g. those attending school who are not registered with us).
To register for mock examinations students must complete and submit the appropriate application form.
72. Only mock examinations taken in centre can be used as a predicted grade e.g. as part of a university application and only if agreed in advance with the prospective course provider or higher educational body or institution.
Mock examinations are marked and graded to the highest standards by our markers. They aim to provide students with a grade and concise overview of their current level; however, they do not guarantee that this grade will be replicated in the actual examinations.
73. Cramming classes may be available on specific dates in the period running up to the examinations.
74. We reserve the right to cancel a mock examination or cramming class at any time and for any reason. If the decision has been made by 3A Tutors Ltd (and not imposed on us) then we will inform the student/s affected immediately and provide a full refund against the fees paid. A lesser refund may be available if the cancellation has been imposed on us.
75. We will not be liable for any compensation or other claims brought by the candidates, their parents’, or guardians due to any such cancellation. 3A Tutors Ltd will not accept that the cancellation will have a significant effect on the candidate’s life-chances, career-development or their acceptance at a university or any other institution.
Tuition and associated services,
3A Tutors Ltd is a tutorial college and tuition agency.
Services include one to one tuition and small group fast track courses.
All students are bound by these Terms and Conditions.
One-to-one face to face tuition
76. All self-employed tutors must hold an up to date DBS certificate, although students, parents, or guardians are advised to monitor the face-to-face tuition closely, particularly if the tuition is arranged at the tutor’s home address.
77. The hourly fees applicable to one-to-one face to face tuition will be stated at the enquiry stage.
79. Should a student proceed with face to face tuition, their contact details, availability for lessons and a summary of their requirements will be passed to a suitable self-employed or employed tutor.
80. Tuition can be arranged to take place at the student’s home, the tutor’s home or at some other mutually convenient location (e.g. a library), as deemed acceptable to the student, their parents or guardians and the tutor.
81. The appointed tutor will usually provide all the tuition required. However, further tutors may be appointed if the student requires tuition in one or more additional subjects.
82. All tutorials (dates, times, duration, frequency, format, etc.) and additional support (email, telephone, etc.) must be arranged directly between the student and the tutor.
83. 3A Tutors Ltd may periodically contact the student by telephone or email to assess progress. We may also send the student an online questionnaire that should be completed and returned to us. All contact between the student and 3A Tutors Ltd will be strictly confidential and will not be discussed with the tutor without the student’s prior consent.
84. The student can suspend or resume tuition (with the original or a new tutor) without penalty.
85. Students must make the necessary tuition payments directly to the tutor. Payment for face-to-face tuition must not be made to 3A Tutors Ltd unless a student is assigned an employed tutor, in which case we will raise and send a monthly invoice to the student.
86. Failure of the student to make the necessary tuition fees payment on time may result in the tuition being suspended or cancelled.
87. Many self-employed tutors have their own cancellation or missed tutorial policy. Students (and their parents or guardians, if applicable) are advised to discuss this with their tutor or tutors at the outset of the tuition. If the student or their parents or guardians disagree with the tutor’s cancellation policy, they should contact 3A Tutors Ltd immediately to discuss the situation. This may involve the appointment of an alternative tutor.
One-to-one online tuition
88. All tutors must hold an up to date DBS certificate, although students, parents, or guardians are advised to monitor and observe the online tuition provided.
89. The hourly fees applicable to the online tuition proposed will be stated at the enquiry stage.
90. We can provide a training session for the virtual classroom free of charge.
91. To proceed with one-to-one online tuition the student, their parents or guardians should complete and submit the one-to-one online tuition booking form and make a first payment, covering one or more hours of online tuition. Subsequent payments can be made without completion of the form, but the same conditions as detailed on the original form will still apply.
92. Following receipt of the booking form and first payment, 3A Tutors Ltd will appoint the tutor. The tutor will contact the student to discuss their tuition requirements and arrange a first online tutorial.
93. All online tuition will be provided by a suitable self-employed or employed tutor.
94. The appointed tutor will usually provide all the tuition required. However, further online tutors may be appointed if the student requires tuition in one or more additional subjects.
95. All details of the online tuition to be provided (dates, times, duration, frequency, format, etc.) and additional support (email, telephone, etc.) will be arranged directly between the student and the tutor.
96. All fees due for online tuition must be paid directly to 3A Tutors Ltd.
97. All payments are due in advance of the provision of tuition.
98. Failure to make the necessary advance payment may result in the online tuition being suspended or cancelled.
99. Students may purchase one or more online tutorials at any time. Paid for tuition time will be held in credit for the student and does not need to be used immediately.
100. Purchased but unused online tuition hours may be refunded to the student upon request, providing the request is made within six months of the final lesson (or purchase date if tuition has not commenced). Where multiple hours have been purchased, refunds will only be provided if at least one lesson has taken place. Students who are unsure whether they will proceed with multiple lessons are strongly advised to only purchase one hour initially.
101. Any queries regarding payments made or due should be addressed to 3A Tutors Ltd. Students must not discuss fees with their online tutor or tutors.
102. 3A Tutors Ltd may periodically contact the student by telephone or email to discuss and assess progress. We may also send the student an online questionnaire that should be completed and returned to us. All communications between the student and 3A Tutors Ltd will be treated as strictly confidential and will not be discussed with the tutor without the student’s prior consent.
103. On occasions, we may anonymously enter and observe one or more online tutorials.
104. 3A Tutors Ltd will send the student a monthly summary outlining how many hours tuition they have undertaken and have thus been deducted from the student’s available credited tuition time.
105. It is the responsibility of students to communicate with their tutor/s in a reasonable and timely manner and to be present at all arranged tutorials. Failure to communicate in a reasonable manner or being absent from a booked tutorial without notice may result in the full lesson fee becoming due to cover the time spent by the tutor and 3A Tutors Ltd in this regard.
106. We may retain all or part of any fees for a missed tutorial, depending on the circumstances involved.
107. Self-employed tutors may have their own missed or cancelled tutorial policy. Students are advised to discuss this with their tutor or tutors at the outset of the tuition.
108. The student can suspend or resume tuition (with the original or a new tutor) without penalty.
Small group fast track courses
109. To register for one or both courses, students must complete and submit the appropriate application form.
110. The full course fees are due at registration.
111. The course fees cover the provision of group tuition and final examinations.
112. Payment may also be made through an interest-free instalment plan. Instalment plans involve a deposit payment, usually equal to 30% of the total course fees payable at registration followed by a number of regular instalments. Instalments will remain due in full even if the student does not attend lessons or leaves the course (for whatever reason).
113. 3A Tutor Ltd reserves the right to cancel the student’s tuition and or examinations if the instalment plan is not fully maintained. The full payment will remain due.
114. If a minimum number of students have not registered for a course, 3A Tutors Ltd reserves the right to cancel the course and provide all registered students with a full refund. This will limit our liability in this regard, and we will not accept that the cancelation will adversely affect the life-chances or prospects of the student.
115. Once a maximum number of students have been registered for a course, all further applications to register will not be accepted. 3A Tutors Ltd will not accept that the rejection of an application will adversely affect the life-chances or prospects of the student concerned.
116. Should an Act of God arise, e.g. the advent of the Coronavirus pandemic or any other catastrophic event that impedes or disrupts the provision of any of our tuition based services, we will work with the students and tutors concerned to seek a workable solution.
117. 3A Tutors Ltd will use its best endeavours to resolve any issues that arise before, during or after the tuition period.
All complaints relating to the provision of services that 3A Tutors Ltd has or will provide must be submitted
in writing and sent to the Head of Centre, Dr Anthony Monks.
We will not accept, respond to, or discuss complaints made by telephone.
We will respond to the complaint in full once all the relevant facts have been established. Generally, our response will be within 7 working days from our receipt of the complaint. Our response will include a summary of the event/s. Where appropriate, we will include a summary of the actions 3A Tutors Ltd will take to resolve the complaint.